Get Started with Pixelmator

Ausra

4 years ago

Hey all!

If you've just downloaded Pixelmator and looking where to begin this is a perfect place to start:

http://www.pixelmator.com/tutorials/get-started/

Enjoy!
Zingy

4 years ago

I purchased it and downloaded it but cannot find it- on my Mac Pro . ????
Zingy

4 years ago

While looking for it I opened the App store and went to Purchases and there it was- I clicked on a tiny X next to it- actually it was so tiny I thought it was a dot- it disappeared! I suppose it was a delete key!!??
Carl

3 years ago

I usually just use aperature for everything but my wife has decided that she wants to do more with pictures that she takes and has decided to really give pixelmator a run. To prepare for the questions she will have I book marked the tutorial site for her in Safari. I was going to watch some videos to brush up and be ready for the questions that I am going to get. Imagine my suprise when I clicked on my first video and it loaded a black screen with a spinning wheel in the middle and the message "Invalid meta for Vimeo". I can right click to select open in a new window or new tab with no problems. She won't do that.
Firefox works just fine but her perfered browser is Safari, I know that I'm not the only one who has had problems, nor will I be the last. Just a heads up if you did not know about it.

late 2009 21.5 inchiMac
System 10.9.4
Safari 7.06
12 GB Ram
High Speed connection.
ashley1

3 years ago

I just recently updated to Pixelmator 2.1 and seems that thecircular
wrap filter is missing. Too bad as I was using this effect on many of my
designs..............
emma
Edita

2 years ago

Carl, thanks for letting us know, we’ll get it fixed. In the meantime, you can watch our video tutorials on YouTube as well. Here’s the link:

https://www.youtube.com/user/PixelmatorVideos

ashley1, the Circular Wrap effect is still there! You can find it in the Effects Browser (View > Show Effects) under the Distortion group.
lori

1 year ago

hi all
i just downloaded a trial version of pixelmator for my macbook air. in past i used Adobe PS and it seems that this app is very similar.
my question is...
why is the screen black?
i was able to open an image and played a bit but the screen
was so black and print so tiny very difficult to figure out what i was doing.
even in this forum, it is. and print is small.

is there an option to edit this dark color OR
it is that way because i have a trial version?

i have 30 days on this trial and am anxious to see what it can do!

Please sign in to post.