How to curve text around a shape?

koola

7 years ago

I am trying to create a postmark effect of my own and so add my own custom text, but I can't see how to curve text around a shape.

It seems one of the hardest to find images online is an image of a postmark not covering or covered by anything else! I've had a look around the forum here and on Google but not yet found the answer.

Here is an example postmark with the text:

Thank you for your help.
Aske

7 years ago

To clarify, You want a stamp machine image with custom text?
I never say impossible, but like the name says, Pixelmator is mainly focused to work with pixels. It will take a lot, too much steps to create a stamp image with any pixel-based program. Even Photoshop sucks at most basic type-setting features. That´s why there are vector programs to create such things, CorelDraw and Illustrator being the shareware leaders.

The image You posted takes less than 2 minutes to create with CorelDraw. Including the effects that mimic color spreading on envelope paper if wished.

That´s all the help I can give without your custom text :wink:
koola

7 years ago

Yes, that's what I'm after. I know it's possible in Paint Shop Pro which I have on a Windows Vista virtual machine, so might have to go over there for this one.

I do have Art Text 2 which might be a better option in this case, I just prefer using Pixelmator and thought it might be able to do it since Paint Shop Pro can (and that is a bitmap drawing app).

Thank you for your help.
ceejpie

5 years ago

go to filter>distortion>hole and you can curve text when it is converted to pixels.
rbrugos

4 years ago

The easiest way, if you have power point (very popular program) use the Text effects>transform. Very easy! Then you can save the text as picture to choose the type that you like better from ; jpg, png, gif, bmp, tif

Good luck!
barrymjones

1 year ago

This method is tedious and less precise, but at least you can stay in Pixelmatr.

You can covert the text to a shape, then manually rotate and arrange each letter.

1. Layer menu > Convert into Shape

2. Double click a letter to select the shape.

3. Move the letter to approximately the right location.

4. Hold down⌘ and mouse over the resize handles to get the rotation action. Rotate until it fits the space.
adamjd

2 months ago

WHY has this feature still not been added?
rlaferla

1 month ago

Ditto. Pixelmator needs a warp text feature!
adamjd

6 weeks ago

Chiming back in...once again I'm in need of warping text today while working in Pixelmator. I'm forced to find other options. I really don't want to go back to Photoshop just for this.

Please sign in to post.