First, make sure that both Pixelmator and your Mac OS X are up to date. Most issues can be solved just by doing that!
Reporting a bug
When reporting a bug, make sure to post the following information:
- 1. Your Mac’s OS X version (Apple Menu > About This Mac)
2. Your Mac’s specifications (Applications > Utilities > System Information > Hardware Overview) and especially its Graphics/Displays information
3. Pixelmator version (Pixelmator > About Pixelmator)
4. A step-by-step explanation of how to reproduce the issue
Reporting a crash
If Pixelmator crashed, in addition to the above information, please send the crash report to us at: bugs [at] pixelmator.com:
To obtain the crash report information, please follow these steps:
- 1. Run the Console. To locate it go to: Applications > Utilities > Console
2. In the Console window, go to DIAGNOSTICS AND USAGE INFORMATION > User Diagnostic Report > Pixelmator.date-number.crash
3. Copy the information in the window on the right and send it to us
Reporting a performance issue
When reporting a performance issue, please provide us with the following information:
- 1. Detailed Mac specifications and “Graphics/Displays” information (see “Reporting a bug”)
2. An image size in pixels and the number of layers it has
3. What tools are you using or what actions you perform when experiencing the issue
4. If possible, send us a sample file as well at: bugs [at] pixelmator.com
Along with all that, if it is easier to show us the issue rather than describing it, please send us a screenshot or a sample file.
One more thing! If you find that deleting the preferences file solves the issue, please send us a copy before you do so!