Tips on how to report an issue

Ausra

6 years ago

Hi, everyone!

First, make sure that both Pixelmator and your Mac OS X are up to date. Most issues can be solved just by doing that!

Reporting a bug

When reporting a bug, make sure to post the following information:

1. Your Mac’s OS X version (Apple Menu > About This Mac)
    2. Your Mac’s specifications (Applications > Utilities > System Information > Hardware Overview) and especially its Graphics/Displays information
    3. Pixelmator version (Pixelmator > About Pixelmator)
    4. A step-by-step explanation of how to reproduce the issue

Reporting a crash

If Pixelmator crashed, in addition to the above information, please send the crash report to us at: bugs [at] pixelmator.com:

To obtain the crash report information, please follow these steps:

1. Run the Console. To locate it go to: Applications > Utilities > Console
    2. In the Console window, go to DIAGNOSTICS AND USAGE INFORMATION > User Diagnostic Report > Pixelmator.date-number.crash
    3. Copy the information in the window on the right and send it to us

Reporting a performance issue

When reporting a performance issue, please provide us with the following information:

1. Detailed Mac specifications and “Graphics/Displays” information (see “Reporting a bug”)
    2. An image size in pixels and the number of layers it has
    3. What tools are you using or what actions you perform when experiencing the issue
    4. If possible, send us a sample file as well at: bugs [at] pixelmator.com

Along with all that, if it is easier to show us the issue rather than describing it, please send us a screenshot or a sample file.

One more thing! If you find that deleting the preferences file solves the issue, please send us a copy before you do so!

Thanks!
danny v

1 year ago

Program began crashing from within the program. I did a reboot of my system, and now it crashes at launch after seconds. Thank you.

3/10/16 9:13:44.462 AM ReportCrash[833]: com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.crashreporter.writereport.crash
com.apple.message.signature: Pixelmator
com.apple.message.signature2: com.pixelmatorteam.pixelmator ||| 3.4.2 (51215)
com.apple.message.signature3: 01F8294063967BC1B793183CC32DFC0B
com.apple.message.result: YES
com.apple.message.summarize: YES
SenderMachUUID: D5F6DE2D-3450-3A8C-AE7F-347CFEBB4872
alexhales

3 weeks ago

I have an iPad Pro with iOS 11 I recently installedPixelmator from iTunes but whenever I try to open theappit will Show blankscreen and automatically close itself and never load itself. Is anyone facing the same error? How do I get rid of the white screen and get thefunctional app?

Please sign in to post.