How do I show all photos in Photo Browser?

ekudrytski

7 months ago

I have an ongoing problem where not all of my photos that are in iPhoto (now Photos) show up in the Photo Browser. It loves giving me my photos taken with my iPhone but not the ones I've imported from my camera. They aren't in any folders and do not show up when I search for the file name either. It is maddening!
Sebastiaan

7 months ago

Hi!

Can you post a screenshot of what your photo browser looks like? You can drag the screenshot in the reply field and it will upload automatically. Just to make sure, check if you see all the folders from your photo's library in the browser. Like the shared folder.

I've heard that in some cases it also can take a very long time for all photos from the photos-library to be loaded in the browser, so it might be a matter of patience. Try to leave the photobrowser open for 10-20 minutes to see what happens. You can do other work while waiting and just go back to the browser to check if something happened.

Let us know how it went.
ekudrytski

6 months ago

I've let it "rest" for hours and it still is not bringing in new photos except those from my iPhone. The ones imported from my Nikon into Photos are not showing up at all. At this point, the only way to get one into Pixelmator is to export from Photos and import into Pixelmator, which is a big hassle.

These photos from Last Import were actually imported many months ago:
ekudrytski

6 months ago

This is the All Photos view - these are recent from my iPhone - that last one was from a few minutes ago!
ekudrytski

6 months ago

Here are the last few shots in my Last Import in Photos. Also, I've tried searching for the file name but that also doesn't work.

Sebastiaan

6 months ago

I think I'm copying this threat to the bugs forum. Could it be by any change that you are importing the nikon images into photos in the RAW-format? - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204977
ekudrytski

6 months ago

They are in RAW format though I didn't change anything with this. I will see if I can play with these settings. I'm a little unsure which I'm supposed to use by this article.
Sebastiaan

6 months ago

Try to turn on the Optimize Mac Storage option as described in the document I linked to before. Hope it helps. Pixelmator doesn't open RAW files natively it always asks OS X to convert the RAW file before opening. Maybe with the above setting turned on you can force the Photo browser to load the jpeg version of the RAW image.

In the mean time you can also use Photos itself as a photo browser and drag and drop any images you want to open in Pixelmator on the Pixelmator icon in the dock.

Please sign in to post.