Trim Canvas Doesn't Work

LittleClue

6 months ago

I have used this feature many times, but it stopped working. I tested it with one layer only. I selected a section on the top, deleted it and used trim canvas (transparent pixels), but nothing happened.
Motiejus

6 months ago

Hi LittleClue,

Are you sure that there are no leftovers remaining in the transparent area around the image that you'd like to trim? Even one small pixel might prevent it from being trimmed.
Pixelmator Team
LittleClue

6 months ago

There should be no pixel left over. I use the square marquee tool and begin from outside the image. Then I delete. It doesn't work even the pic has only one layer. I noticed that the marquee tool doesn't align with the image borders though. It's a millimeter inside. Do you know of a particular setting of the marquee tool that would cause leftovers of pixels?
Motiejus

6 months ago

No, removing the background while using the Rectangular Marquee Tool should indeed clear all the selected pixels. Could you drop us a line at support@pixelmator.com, and if possible, attach the file you're experiencing this issue with so that we could take a look at it on our side?

Thanks!
Pixelmator Team

Please sign in to post.