Pixelmatr 3.4.2 on Mac 10.11.2 creates missing image areas

SUDEEP

1 year ago

Hi ,
I am using Pixelmatr 3.4.2 on Macbook Pro 2011 with Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.2. I installed the latest updates on 20th Dec, 2015. Since then , I am not able to work as it creates a vertical branding on the image after I do some effects like 'Exposure' .
For example, after I open the image in pixelmatr, use the 'Exposure' tool to increase exposure, say OK , then the Vertical band appears on the image with majority of the image missing.

Please help, the issue started after installing the latest bug fixes .

Thanks
Sudeep
Motiejus

1 year ago

Hi SUDEEP,

We seem to be aware of the issue. You could read more about it here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12526

While we're still waiting for the drivers update, for now, a possible workaround to overcome this issue could be downsizing the images to around 2000-4000 pixels at the longer side. To downsize the image choose Image > Image Size.
Pixelmator Team
mkrishnan

1 year ago

Hi Motiejus - sorry, I can create a new thread, but in the picture attached, where the image layer (the one that says "Mira Krishnan" in it) was resized, and there's this ghosted version of it at the full original size that still exists in the layer - is this subsumed in the same bug you're talking about, or is it something different? I've never seen this before in Pixelmator. This is 10.11.4 Beta 15E33e and Pixelmator3.4.2 Twist (51215).

Reducing image size is kind of a nonstarter for images going to print....

Motiejus

1 year ago

Himkrishnan,

We seem to be aware of this issue too. It has been introduced with the latest OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 Beta build. We're currently looking for the ways to get it fixed for the official update.
Pixelmator Team
dvml

1 year ago

HI, is there a workaround for this? I keep experiencing this error. Also tried completely wiping pixelmator and resetting display drivers but it still persists.

Wih this issue, pixelmator is close to unusable as every little action can leave a ghosted version behind.
Motiejus

1 year ago

Hi dvml,

Have you updated your OS X to 10.11.4 and Pixelmator to 3.4.4 versions? We're pretty sure the issue is sorted with these updates.
Pixelmator Team

Please sign in to post.