Saving to PNG in OS El Capitan

rikpina

1 year ago

Hello Guys,

I recently updated my mac to use El Capitan OS. I have been using Pixelmator for years with no problem, but I recently experienced a problem when I updated to El Capitan. I was not able to convert / export / save a Pixelmator file to a PNG or JPEG file. Is there something I can do to fix this issue?

Thank you,
Ricardo
Motiejus

1 year ago

Hi rikpina,

What exactly happens when you try to export the file in PNG or JPEG file format? Does it prompt you any alert messages?
Pixelmator Team
rikpina

1 year ago

Hello,

Pixelmator allows me save the file, however when I open the file with a a JPEG or PNG application it shows the file as blank (there is no file). I didn't have this problem with OS Yosemite.

Not sure what to do.

Thanks
Ricardo
Motiejus

1 year ago

I assume this could be hardware related. Could you let me know your Mac's full specs (Apple menu > About This Mac)?

Also, how about if you resize the image to ~2000-3000 pixels at it's longer side and export then?
Pixelmator Team
carolynmb@gmail.com

8 months ago

I have just encountered this problem. Suddenly today, after months of using Pixemator in El Capitan the 'save as something else' box at the bottom of the Save window is greyed out & I cannot click the checkbox, cannot activated the drop Dow selection menu. I can only save as Pam rendering the app useless to me. I have a pile of work waiting!
st3f

8 months ago

Can you use 'File > Export...'as a workaround?

Please sign in to post.