Performance issue with Pixelmator 3.4 on certain 2011 Macs

Motiejus

1 year ago

We’ve just released Pixelmator 3.4 Twist with OS X El Capitan support. If you have a 2011 MacBook or Mac Mini with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics card, you may be experiencing some performance issues. Early and Late 2011 MacBook Pros, Mid 2011 MacBook Airs and Mid 2011 Mac Minis are affected. This is related to the graphics drivers on these Macs and the latest update to the Core Image Framework on OS X 10.11.

We’re working hard to iron this out and we’ve also asked Apple for help. They’ve been great so far so we hope to have some news for you soon. Please email us at support@pixelmator.com and we’ll get in touch once we have any updates on this.
gustavolugo

1 year ago

I have an early 2011 and it crashes when I save or try to export. Is this consistent with the issues you are referring to?
Kevin

1 year ago

I have a Mid-2011 Mac Mini and the problem I'm having is that I cannot export large images properly. I get the top 1/4 or so of the image (right 1/4 for landscape orientated images) and the rest is just blank white space. Even the icon preview of the saved Pixelmatr file is showing the defect, but if I open the pxm file it opens with all the detail.
I've emailed tech support and they apologized for any inconvenience, and gave a temporary suggestion that I reduce the image size. Just hoping I can have access to my full size edits soon.
iBenjah

1 year ago

pixelmator is basically unusable on my mac at the moment Early 2011 and it's glitchy and buggy. For someone who's been using pixelmator for a long time and for Graphic work it's really disappointing. Hoping for a fix very quickly please team.
lumiss

1 year ago

Very disappointed with this issue on my macbook air 2011. Application is impractical- lags like a bugger- please update very soon!
ehw

1 year ago

Mid-2011 Mac mini here, and I can confirm that pixelmator is unusable on this device; extreme slowness and crashes.

Is there a way to get an older version to bridge the time it takes to resolve the issue?
jjj754

1 year ago

I've asked the team for feedback on their progress in solving this, and no reply. Either they can't or don't care. It doesn't matter much to them, I guess, as they got my money a long time ago, but Pixelmator WAS my go-to app. Now, I'm going to have to buy Affinity Photo to use as the Pixelmator team doesn't seem willing to share their progress on fixing this, if they even can.
arnelmercado

1 year ago

This is some great news. Ever since I upgraded to El Capitan on my Early 2011 Macbook Pro, Pixelmator has been extremely sluggish! Like everyone else, I hope this will be fixed soon because I don't feel like switching to Photoshop orAffinity.
giannopgeo

1 year ago

ooops!!!! just bought the app and can't export the image (same problem as Kevin).... should I ask for refund or it will be fixed soon?? team answer please....
leonardobarbato

1 year ago

Please solve this as soon as you can, i just bought the app and now can't use it.
DeKoCo

1 year ago

I bought this app 2 days ago and haven't been able to use this on my mid 2011 Macbook Pro 2.4 core duo with 16 Gb of ram with El Capitan. When starting up it takes forever and it's really slow, even when moving the window. Everything halts and the only thing I see is the hour glass. Any suggestions what I can do? I'm running Adobe CC6 suite on my Macbook without any problem.
briggery16

1 year ago

Same issue; just bought this and cannot use it. Slow as molasses. Unusable; was excited to see it half off, bummed when it worked half as good as it should.
jtutakowski

1 year ago

the same bug like Kevin. Please an Update Pixelmator Team
mizerablebr

1 year ago

Issue using color adjustments. Early 2011 Macbook Pro.
arnelmercado

1 year ago

Hey guys, make sure to update. Performance issues have been addressed
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12526&p=43355#p43355
Dom1n1c

1 year ago

I have a 2011 Macbook Air 13 latest OS and Pixelmator is always crashing and the performance is since version 3.4.2 a disaster.
And the support team isn´t answer me. I sent few log files.
chrissmit

1 year ago

It happens to me with v3.4.2 as well (the being slow)

I've installed v3.3 and the problem still exists there. My guess it's more of an OSX issue in combination with Pixelmator.

Please sign in to post.