Transform Bug

JustAaron

2 years ago

I'm having an issue using the transform tool. When trying to transform an image or shape, the image become blurred and warped. When I then confirm the transformation, I get a strange cropped or inverted version. I'm on an Early 2015 13" MacBook Air, running OSX El Capitan Public Beta (though the error existed before I updated the software from Yosemite).

Step by step description;
The selected image of the man is the baseline size.
I then drag one of the corners out to enlarge, and the image instantly inverts and warped lines appear which get thicker as I drag further out.
As I drag out even further still, the whole image goes black excluding the man, who has now moved to the bottom corner for no reason, and the warped lines. The selection box implies he should still be where he was.
After clicking 'OK' to confirm the transformation, he is randomly upside down with minor warping. Sometimes, I end up with a cropped version of the image.
This happens every time I try and use Transform. Any ideas?
Edita

2 years ago

Hi there,

We're aware of this issue and we're now looking for ways to fix it. However, as far as we know, this only occurred on OS X El Capitan. Are you sure this was happening before you updated your OS X?
Pixelmator Team
Jefferyjic

1 year ago

Hi,

When using rotate to Vector, it looks like the rotation happens before the scaling, even if transform order is scale rotate translate.

Best
Vincent

Please sign in to post.