program keeps freezing/has a big delay

lexlang

2 years ago

I keep experiencing a large stall in actions when trying to use the paint brush in pixelmator. Every time I try to paint the program delays and won't let me do anything else, as if it is momentarily frozen. My Mac and the app are both up to date and i have also tried closing out of the app as well as restarting my Mac. Wondering what could be causing this and how to get it shaped up asap as I'm in the middle of a project. thanks.
Motiejus

2 years ago

Hey lexlang,

I suspect it might be happening due to really large image size. Could you let me know how large is it in pixels (width and height)?

It would be super great if you could also forward your Mac's full specifications (Apple menu > About This Mac).
Pixelmator Team
mannypix

1 year ago

I am having the same problem. It takes up to 10 seconds for a single letter to actually input and another 10 seconds for me to move the shape/text down one pixel.

1200x434 (8.9 MB)

Macbook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)
2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
8GB Memory
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
Motiejus

1 year ago

@mannypix, It seems that your Mac is one of the models that are effected by the Intel HD3000 Graphics drivers performance issue. Could you try updating to Pixelmator 3.4.1 and take a look if the performance is any better?
Pixelmator Team

Please sign in to post.