Lens Distortion correction

thetechnaddict

4 years ago

Here's a vote for the inclusion of some kind of lens distortion correction - I have an iphone and an olloclip - horrible barrelling - currently having to use Gimp or AfterShot - would much rather stick to Pixelmator for everything
appledog

3 years ago

Add me as another who wants lens distortion correction! I have a Canon DSLR with a Sigma zoom lens, and this would be a great feature.
steves

3 years ago

+1 ... GoPro lens correction please.
marco.m

3 years ago

+1
One possibility would be to integrate the open source Lensfun, since it is licensed as LGPL.
soniquev8

3 years ago

Another option is BLAM, which is of itself based off of a Python library:

https://github.com/stuffmatic/blam

You could totally use that as a basis for a distortion correction function.

BTW, I absolutely love Pixelmator. Totally worth the money.
Russell

2 years ago

a lens distortion correction feature would be fantastic - please consider this for a future version of Pixelmatr
NikonShooter

2 years ago

Pixelmator is awesome!

But, a lens correction tool would make Pixelmatr awesome squared.
Such a common need, needs to be in Pixelmatr.
Pete_Lin

2 years ago

+1, while I use Pixelmator at work all time, I cannot get using it for photos as it always lacks barrel / pincussion corretion, please add as its the only thing I think which is missing to use it for photos too!
neworld

2 years ago

Dear Pixelmator team,

Do you have any plans for lens distortion correction? I want to start using of the program, but it lacks an important feature. If you plan it in near future, no one stops start learning to use Pixelmator now.

Best wishes!
RNKLN

2 years ago

In the meantime, i'm using DxO Perspective, which does a very good job (i gave it 5 stars in the App Store). Would be nice to have this functionality inside Pixelmator (or the upcoming Apple Photos app, for that matter).
Pete_Lin

2 years ago

DxO is an amazing tool, however its not for barrel / pincussion correction which is imho whats really lackin, I can do perspective corrections with pixlemator right as it is currently (though not as comfortable).
RNKLN

2 years ago

You're right, Pete. This type of correction is not supported by DxO. But yes, the ease of use for the type of corrections it does support is great (at least, when compared to PXM).
ciderndonuts

2 years ago

Barrel, Pincushion, or even better, the ability to add extra handles to a selection that could be used with Transform>Distort… would be a great help.
purringpigeon

1 year ago

Please - add this to Pixelmator
ottoburgess

11 months ago

+1 for me as well, even if it is a simple tool to correct the ill effects. if you allow us to dial it in for a limited number of lenses, it would be better than nothing.
Gordio

8 months ago

I'm another user who need "Lens Correction Feature" in Pixelmator for MacOS. Maybe you developPixelmatorython plugins and user's write plugins herself?
Gordio

Please sign in to post.