Locking layer

Regin

2 years ago

I would love to be able to lock layers so I don't accidentally make changes to layers that I'm done with.
pixelmater

2 years ago

Agreed!!!
Soma

2 years ago

+1

After trying the demo for like 5 minutes, I'm already missing such a feature. :/
monooso

2 years ago

Is this slated for a future release? I'm forever moving background layers accidentally, simply because I can't lock them.
Harnatz

2 years ago

agree... +1
christoffer

2 years ago

+1 – I'm really missing this feature.

Also, slightly related, I would like to add that it would be nice if the auto layer select (CMD w/ move tool) didn't consider locked or invisible layers.

Quickly selecting layers when working with lots of groups is really (really) frustrating right now.

To end on a positive note, I really enjoy Pixelmator. It's an amazing product – especially considering the price.
Pirquin

2 years ago

+1!
ippei

2 years ago

agree, +1
winstonfiore

2 years ago

+1. Kind of a crazy oversight! i think most users would consider this something of a fundamental feature (understatement?). lovin' PM, so far though! wasn't about to fork out $700 for photoshop...
GioSensation

2 years ago

+1 Such a complete app and no layers locking? Come on, guys, this is a must!
predick

2 years ago

+1agree
art
eltipografico

2 years ago

+1! Please!!
jaredmoody

2 years ago

+1
bartonaz

2 years ago

+100500
This is really very appreciated feature. And it doesn't seem to be difficult to implement.
Leotseil

2 years ago

+1
zilli

2 years ago

+1
mikezots

2 years ago

+1
hillcoatt

1 year ago

+1 Essential feature!
caydon

1 year ago

+1
Sinisa

1 year ago

Yap, when number of layers increases the lock feature becomes a must.

Or there's another way to tackle this? I'm all ears…
Kaske
ivan.alvarado

1 year ago

¡Please team! implement this ;)
dontforgetmario

1 year ago

Can't believe this feature is not implemented. Even Apple Keynote has this. Can't imagine to work with several layers on a complicated composition without locking layers.... a year later this feature is still not implemented... amazing...!
paeliu

1 year ago

tried pixelmator and love it, but please implement layer lock!
supertommi

1 year ago

not yet??
memmaker650

1 year ago

Another vote for this very Important Request.
samvlu

1 year ago

+5
scidar

1 year ago

Please implement the layer lock feature!
Albois

1 year ago

This is also my request. It is quite important because it makes our work so much easier.
resting

1 year ago

please implement ~~ I keep moving the background layer instead of the one I want to move
Sebastiaan

1 year ago

@resting

I think you want to turn off autoselect layer when using the move tool. Click on the gear-icon in the tool options bar at the top of the document window and deactivate autoselect layer.
dontforgetmario

1 year ago

That is a workaround (which is better than nothing) but it is not a solution!

Have you heard about Photoshop? you know, that tool from Adobe which most graphic designers work with?

Photoshop has a lock icon in every layer so that you can use Autoselect Layer option and still not touch those layers that you have locked.

I'm sure thousands of users are amazed, like me, that you guys have not implemented this absolutely basic feature in Pixelmator in the last years, and not only that, you have not given an single answer to this issue in more than a year, which is really shame.

I don't use Pixelmator for complex graphics just because of this feature lacking in your software. I have to mouse-click twice as much and think twice as mucho to do the same task in your software as in Photoshop because of it.

Please implement the Lock Layers feature and make us happy users....

Thanks
Mario
PHX

1 year ago

+1000 for layer locking feature.
SyncingPirate

1 year ago

I couldn't agree more!
Giakse888

1 year ago

Yup!
Danpink

1 year ago

Pixelmator looks great and does pretty much all I need, except for layer locking...

This is so frustrating, that I am forced to reboot into windows to use a very very old version of photoshop.

Even Gimp will lock layers and now that it doesn't require X11 to run on Lion, I'm prolly gonna make the switch.
supertommi

1 year ago

agree +1
bnhmphrys

1 year ago

+1 Many times have I wanted this little feature :-D
samusvfc

1 year ago

+1
martinlucas

1 year ago

+1 from me also, such a simple feature - hoping it's simple to implement in the next release.
burnedsap

1 year ago

I agree completely. 2.3 NEEDS to have layer locking

+1+everyone who uses Pixelmator.
oscaralaniz

1 year ago

+1 Having to hid the layer is getting old.
robj

1 year ago

Lot's of people hanging out for this one - add me to the list!
kisel

1 year ago

+1 Please!

In Photoshop, vector layer not lock full
vatamaniuk

1 year ago

Needed. For sure.
bigbigsimon

1 year ago

Definitely, the amount of times I've moved the background when selecting drives me nuts.
SKR Imaging

1 year ago

+1 for layer locking. I use the workaround but still layer locking would be a better option and something more visible. it seems Pixelmator has many functions but they are mostly hidden in menus and could be made more visible in the UI instead. just like snapping disable is hold CMD.. why not just have a disable snap to grid option in the ruler menu of preferences.... still I love Pixelmator and hoping that all these little adjustments are made in 2.3.
Visit my Blog: skrimaging.wordpress.com
jku

1 year ago

+1 Please.
khit

1 year ago

+1

First thing I've found in the app that hasn't delivered. Accidental background moves are like a leaky faucet - eating away your soul, one small, almost imperceptible, bit at a time. Drip.
ferlevin

1 year ago

+1

I recently bought this amazing program and was astonished to realize the lack of this basic and so necessary feature.
My CMD and Z keys are getting worn out faster because of this .....
Darrell

1 year ago

I just bought Pixelmator and am also astonished that you cannot lock a layer. This feature request was made over a year ago and locking a layer is not implemented yet? Wow.

Please sign in to post.