Transform/Warp addition

TomU

6 years ago

In Photoshop I use transform/warp quite a bit and would love to see it in Pixelmator.

Thanks much!

t
Pixel-Matador

6 years ago

You can press command+f for transform. Filter>distortion>bump might be what you mean by warp.
EssixxDesigns
PeterS

6 years ago

Do you mean the same as 'Distort' does in PM?
Allow you to drag the corners of the selection independent of each other?

Or is it the one that warps the image to a bezier patch?
TomU

5 years ago

Free transform and distort are not the same as warping a selection in PS.

Warping allows for bezier with a 3x3 grid, manipulating, pushing, pulling and distorting along any of the gridlines.

You can see a sample of the result I need to be able to achieve at creativecontinuum.com/samples/DisneyAdventures1.png or creativecontinuum.com/samples/Bohen1.png

Without being able to warp I lose the ability to simulate a paper's curl and flow.

t
joebayles

5 years ago

I'm with Tom on this one. Please add "Photoshop style" transform & warp. Other than that, great product!
Joe
donebylee

5 years ago

This is the only feature I still fire up Photoshop for. Add it to Pixelmator and I can completely convert to PM. Please add this feature. Please.
fredrikpacius

5 years ago

+1000
This would complete basic transform abilities!
jnthnclrk

4 years ago

I too would like to see this feature. I ditched PS in favour of PM some time ago. Am now trying to figure out how to complete my composition without distort/ perspective transform. :)
donebylee

4 years ago

I think our pleas are falling on deaf ears. Too much time has passed without an official response or acknowledgment. I hope I'm wrong but....
ethanwaldo

4 years ago

I completely agree with this. Being able to warp a layer from multiple points rather than just the corner is very useful. Having this ability on Pixelmator would add a lot of functionality and make it much more useful.

CTU Jack Bauer

4 years ago

The WARP tool is a special transform tool. It will be used to transform something in a customize shape without any limits.
It is necessary to change a body shape (retouching), to fit something with the composing technique or to make a little "3D-effect", for example with a body tattoo.
With the new shape transform tool since version 2.2 blueberry, there is something which goes in this direction, but only for shapes.

Dear PIXELMATOR-Team:
Please develop such a WARP-Tool.
extensor

4 years ago

Could have used feature this on a project last night.
nmushkin

4 years ago

Pixelmator needs this tool
cnab999

4 years ago

Warp is most welcome
Zaphodz

4 years ago

+1 on this, would be most welcome
Berbank

3 years ago

+1 on this too. We are making it company policy to move away from Photoshop and all Adobe products.

The only 2 things missing from Pixelmator for us to use it are:
- Warp tool
- Brush engine.

It would also be great to customise the tool icons, but not very important.
CarlEmail

3 years ago

Much needed!
JDGwf

2 years ago

Please, please please! I'd love to see this added as soon as possible :)

Warp-Text as per the photoshop text modifier would be most helpful for some basic logos that I'm wanting to convert.
LaloUrbanoMerino

2 years ago

I agree with Tom, we need the option to "warp" in "transform", if you added it, the application will be complete and it will be the only one I will use.

"Warp" is very necessary.
spajonas

1 year ago

Another call for Warp! This with smart objects and Pixelmator would be the Photoshop killer.
adamjd

1 year ago

Yeah....can't even fix a simple photo because the feature isn't available. Another lingering issue that requires PS, which I've tried to avoid needing.
bke1138

4 months ago

Agreed! I have a photo that was taken slightly off kilter and it's killing me that I don't have a Warp tool in Pixelmator to fix it. Please add this feature.

Please sign in to post.