How to keep Vectormator from switching back to the move tool

atomicV1sion

11 months ago

Hi all. I'll give you my use case. I am using Vectormator with a Wacom tablet. I want to keep the freeform pen tool selected so that I can sketch out vector images with my pen. However, every time I lift up the pen and finish a shape with the freeform pen tool Vectormator automatically switches back to the move tool. Is there anyway that I can change this? Can I assign a shortcut to the freeform pen tool to keep switching it back? Or disable this behavior entirely?
Sebastiaan

11 months ago

This can't be changed at the moment and understand your frustration. I'll move this topic to the feature request forum.
atomicV1sion

11 months ago

Perhaps there could be a mode where a user could be able to lift their pen up to make minor adjustments, but once the open space comes within a certain threshold, the shape closes. This could be a really useful feature for vector artists with tablets who want to make really precise vector art without being committed to a shape once their pen touches the tablet. And it doesn't really make so much sense to have the user just sketching out disconnected lines with vectors. That's not really what vector art is for; that's bitmap art. In any case, I don't think it makes sense in the case of a Wacom tablet to expect that the user wants to move a shape once they're done with it, unless they explicitly want to move it.

Please sign in to post.