Detect Landscape-ness of device images

proxima

1 year ago

I believe that various devices can have metadata showing what the orientation of the camera/tablet was with an image is taken. "It would be neat..." (how many backbreaking feature requests started with those four words...but...) It would be neat to adjust for the original image's rotation. I take a lot of screen grabs for developmeat work and if I need to import them into Pixelmator, they always default to portrait, so I have to manually rotate them to landscape as my test devices are almost always in LS mode. It's a minor thing, but gets to be an annoyance after a while. "After all if Photos can do it.." (another thing you're probably tired of hearing, but....
Sebastiaan

1 year ago

Pixelmator is already capapble of doing this if I'm not completely mistaken. But if you can give us the brand/name/type of camera you use the team can investigate further to see if there is something at Pixelmator's end or if maybe your camera isn't fully supported by Apple yet.
proxima

1 year ago

This is actually doing a screen grab from my iPads when I am testing my code and visuals.
proxima

1 year ago

Also, "it would be nice to have" the window to vary its own size when I go from one orientation to another. When I go from portrait to landscape, I have to resize the window so I can see the entire image as it is still in portrait mode.

Please sign in to post.