Crop from selection

summer

2 years ago

It would be nice if there was a menu entry and shortcut key to crop from a selection.
Sebastiaan

2 years ago

Cropping from a selection is done by ctrl+clicking insde the selection and choosing Crop...

Do you want an extra option for the same function in the menus and or a shortcut key?
summer

2 years ago

Yes, both would be very welcome! The more shortcut keys the better. A menu entry would also be nice since it makes it easier converting from PS.
Jeremy

2 years ago

I would also appreciate the addition. The other advantage of having a menu item is that it's possible to search for the functionality in the Help menu, which I rely on heavily when learning new applications. After not finding it there, I was worried the feature was somehow omitted until I found this thread.
jvdneut

1 year ago

Agreed that adding a menu option would be good for discoverability. I now had to do an Internet search to find out how to do this.
asbjornu

1 year ago

Right-clicking inside a selection and choosing crop, moves the crop to the image boundaries and not to what I have selected. I also can't find any crop related functionality in the menu, I only have the crop tool, which seems to be completely useless.

What I want to do is use a plethora of selection tools to get the perfect selection I need and then, preferably through a keyboard shortcut, crop the image to what I have selected. Currently that seems to be impossible in Pixelmator. Annoying!
«He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away»
asbjornu

1 year ago

Sorry, my bad. Sort of. What I had done is use the "Color Selection Tool (W)" to select an area outside a rectangular object, then invert the selection to select the rectangular object. While it looked like the inverted selection was only around the rectangular object, it was infact also around something along the edges of the image -- invisibly -- because "smooth edges" was enabled when I created the color selection initially.

Disabling "smooth edges" and redoing the selection, inverting and then cropping, gave me the desired result. Yay!
«He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away»

Please sign in to post.