Option to double tool icon size

bobbd2000

2 years ago

I just bought a Retina iMac, partly because my vision isn't 100%. I always found the tool icons in Pixelmator small. On the Retina iMac, they are crystal clear, but still quite small. I can decrease the resolution but I'd rather have the option of doubling the size of the icons.
ideaph

2 years ago

Yes- bigger tool icon option please.
mgy13

1 year ago

Same request please - on a 27 inch monitor I really, really struggle to see the icons, especially the tool options and the info bar at the top.

Please can you look into this for the next update, thank you.
kansast

1 year ago

yes, that would be nice. my eyes ain't what they used to be. Those icons are small.
Richard Summers

1 year ago

I totally agree, it would be nice to have the option to increase the size of the tools icons; the styles icons, and especially the brush previews, as the brushes are tiny, and I can't actually see the differences between my brushes.
bacole

1 year ago

I just started using Pixelmator on iMac 27 (non retina) and a MacBookPro 13" (non-retina) using the native resolutions of 2560 x 1440 on the iMac and 1280 x 800 on the MBP. On both of them the icons and text in the TOOLS and STYLES and other menus are too small for me to use effectively. The only menu that is OK is the View Fonts, and that is just barely readable and I wish it was a bit larger also. If I use some reading glasses as magnifiers it helps, but that is not a good solution. I have no trouble with any of the standard apps that come with OS X. PLEASE make your icons and text the same size as standard OS X apps, or give us the option in preferences to increase the size of icons and text in menus to 150% or 200% ( increase by 50% or 100%).
dasein

1 year ago

Don't hold your breath. For THREE YEARS many, many comments have been made on this forum asking Pixelmator to improve readability of app icons and text, and of the floating tool palettes.

Pixelmator has yet to even acknowledge the problem. They seem to have no interest in improving the user experience.
Rob Ell

3 months ago

Whoo boy! Do I ever support this request! PLEASE, give an option to enlarge the UI. The current implementation gets in the way of using the program (we're talking the desktop app here) as I have to squint and hunt to find the icon/tool I want on my 27" iMac Retina. No app should get in the way if itself, right?

Please sign in to post.