Import and export of vectors

headbirth

2 years ago

Well,

Ideally, I would love to see Pixelmator become a single Vector Raster solution kind of like Canvas was.

But, would t be possible to add support for importing or pasting a vector object into Pixelmator and retain it's editable Vector attributes?
collin

2 years ago

I really want to be able to copy a vector from Keynote and paste it as a vector Pixelmator! Thanks.
kriskhaira

2 years ago

I don't need or want Pixelmator to be a hybrid Vector-Raster solution, but I'd love the ability to paste vector images in Pixelmator so I can use vector illustrations in photo montages and resize them at will.

It's a bit annoying right now that I have to make sure a vector image is created at a large size in Adobe Illustrator or Sketch so that I don't have to size them up in Pixelmator. On top of that, once I scale them down I can't scale them up again unless I re-paste the vector image. This is very annoying and at the moment the biggest thing preventing me from using Pixelmator.
evoshroom

1 year ago

I'd like to suggest to you to add the ability to import at least one vector format for Pixelmator 2.3. From reading your 2.2 blog posts it appears we are getting gradients in shapes for 2.2 (which I personally really would love). I'm both an ObjC coder and a graphic designer and illustrating a digital children's book that relies on a lot of vectors using Pixelmator.

I know people from Pixelmator have sometimes said in the past that Pixelmator is more of an image tool than a vector tool, but I would also like to suggest that such divisions are artificial and a tool that does both is the holy grail of graphic design, which you are almost at.
lmpessoa

1 year ago

I'd say both import AND EXPORT. Mostly SVG, but AI would be good too.

I'd particularly like to see Pixelmator able to import Fireworks PNG files with vectors. I work mostly with Fireworks today and have too many files in this format. Just like @evoshroom, I'm an ObjC developer too and can at least partially read those files myself. Could share the code I have, if wanted.
ablokeucallmike

1 year ago

I agree. Now that 2.2 includes vector support, it really is necessary to have at the very least, import of some vector based files (e.g. AI, EPS or SVG).

I'd also like to see Photoshop vector shapes maintained when opening PSD files. At the moment they are converted to raster shapes which is really disappointing.
dimashmidt

1 year ago

+1 for csh. Also styles need bevel effect.
--
Have a nice day
mak972

1 year ago

Hi,

Thanks for this great app even better since 2.2 with it's new vector support witch is great.

But now we need to be able save in file format like SVG. What could be even better is the ability to export into bezier path like Paintcodeapp.com or Drawscri.pt.

Thanks
patarok

1 year ago

i am with you, enhanced vector editing surely is a cool thing. i am convinced to that fact, though i do not have that much experience in editing graphics and photos.
FroZnShiva

1 year ago

+1 for SVG export & import
Kalu

1 year ago

Need SVG Import! :D
Giantpink

1 year ago

I love the direction that Pixelmator/Vectormator is headed but am surprised that an update that touts the new Vectormator doesn't support vector formats. It just seems odd.
davidventer

1 year ago

Agreed, .svg export is essential. Please make this happen!
albertkinng

1 year ago

So, there is no way to import a vector shape? how come the option of importing is in the shapes palette? odd.
adyo

1 year ago

I just discovered myself that Pixelmator doesn't seem to import ANY useful vector image format.

I want to get rid of Adobe products, that can't happen yet. Not with Pixelmator anyway.

Pixelmator NEEDS vector open/import capabilities, just as it needs the ability to export... but if we can't have everything we need yet, let's start with import :)
ndastur

1 year ago

+1 vote from me, but also SVG import please
smith9

1 year ago

+1 for svg import too
Snow Leopard

1 year ago

This needs to happen, both export and import. Especially with the vector-only view now a 'feature'.
~ Snow
one09jason

1 year ago

Please add vector import and export. If nothing else, at least SVG support.
iloapps

11 months ago

+1 for import/export of vector files, such as SVG (but Adobe Illustrator AI file support would be f-a-ntastic as well).

If this requires license, I would be happy to hear how much additional costs it would add to have this support..?
Br, Matti @ ILOapps
gerritvanaaken

11 months ago

+1 for importing vector forms from outside. Currently this is only possible by creating an icon font with the desired vector objects, using that font to write the desired "letter", turning that into a vector shape in Pixelmator. So it’s possible, but extremely complicated.
appledog

10 months ago

I would also love to see SVG import and export!
steves

9 months ago

+1 for SVG import and export.
Jemduff

8 months ago

+1 SVG , AI would rock too.
uniko

7 months ago

Two years after... and always no svg support ?
I would say, lets go guys Pixelmator is only a raster software, despite the “vectormator” attempt :))
For the price you should already be happy :)

Try Sketch or Inkscape for more vectors or just export your vectors files in png in high resolution ?
artmesia66

6 months ago

+1 for svg to shape.
welee

6 months ago

+1 forSVGimport and export.
MacMarc

5 months ago

+1 for export to SVG
Export PDF's with vector support would be great when used in Pages or Keynote.
Ian

5 months ago

Vector export and import please.
rocketgurl

5 months ago

+1 on SVG import.
In the meantime, how do we import shapes?
Mimo

4 months ago

+1 on SVG import (or any other common vector format)
I just want to put an existing vectorized monochrome logo as a shape in user shape library; It seems I can't do it today.
Mimo
jtrip

4 months ago

+1 for SVG, also while you are there DXF would be nice too ;) but I would be incredibly happy with SVG
Tekl

3 months ago

+1 for SVG or other vector formats.
GRScott

3 months ago

I would think SVG import and export would be a great advantage.
Lassi P

2 months ago

+1 for vector graphics support. Expesially for svg or eps import. Lacking vector graphics support is arguably the number one most urgent problem for pixelmator team to fix. Logos are abundant in the media and allmost every company has their own logo. And so do many artists. I'm using a trial version of Pixelmator, and am going to buy a real one when the trial ends, but I would gladly pay some extra for having the svg-import when the time comes.

Hope you understand my english. I''m not native.
mprove

2 months ago

Pixelmator 1.6 was capable to open eps. It was not perfect – but I got the job done most of the time. What happened since?
User Experience Design :: http://www.mprove.de
petercrane

2 months ago

Please add the option to export SVG, AI or even shapes to Photoshop. It's really important for users to provide printers, sign makers and web designers with vector files!
Hank Diggler

1 month ago

I am not a heavy user of pixelmator, but I often get EPS files from grafic heads. So I would love to have a import and export of eps files!
myrrhine

2 weeks ago

+1 for import/export EPS and SVG

Please sign in to post.