Help needed resizing maps for printing

TMan

5 months ago

I need assistance getting something done using Pixelmator. I am a complete and abject beginner with graphics software of any kind.

I play D&D. And part of D&D is having a fun dungeon or haunted house to explore, right? Right! I usually use maps other people draw. Previously, I would take their maps and draw them out at the size I need for gaming with miniature figures. But I'd like to resize their original JPEGs and either print it out in multiple sheets on my home printer or take the resized picture to my local office supply store and print on poster sized sheets.

So, can someone teach me how to use Pixelmator to accomplish this?

Here's an image I can point at for an example:
https://rpgcharacters.wordpress.com/201 ... rincesses/
I do support this artist through Patreon, but the maps are also licensed for personal use.

Once you click on the map picture, you get a larger version which I just save as a jpg file. I would like to print this such that each of the squares in the open floor space of this map comes out at 1 inch square (or maybe a little larger for the miniatures to move around on).

Once I have it resized, can it be saved at that larger size and taken to a print shop to print out on a poster sized sheet? How do I figure out how large that image will be so I can specify the right size paper?

Or, since this is a simple greyscale image, can Pixelmator paginate the larger document across multiple sheets of 8.5" X 11" sheets and I can tape them together to lay out on the table?

Thanks in advance to any and all who can assist and teach! Please be very verbose with instruction as I really have no experience with this kind of software.

TMan

Please sign in to post.