Crop Tool

alsevcik

10 months ago

The crop tool comes with several pre-set width/height ratios. But I can't find a way to set another ratio. For example, suppose I want to crop to a width=4.75 and height=3.75 inches. Is there a way to do this?
Motiejus

10 months ago

Hi alsevcik,

You can type in any custom crop ratio if you choose the Custom option from the Constrain drop-down menu in the Tools Option Bar. Crop constrain ratio can currently be specified only by using integers, so 4.75 x 3.75 would share the same ratio as 19 x 15.

Hope this helps!
Pixelmator Team
alsevcik

9 months ago

Thanks. I found the place to specify h & w values.
It seems that the values must be gives as pixels. Is there a way to specify inches?
Motiejus

9 months ago

Actually, Crop's constrain values are not pixels, neither they are inches, they're just numbers that specify the crop constrain ratio. If you're looking for a way to crop a specific size area, I'd suggest to try using selections. Here's how:

1. Select the Rectangular Marquee Tool and make any size/ratio selection.
2. Without changing the tool, control-click inside the selected area and choose Transform Selection.
3. In the Tools Option bar you should now see the Width and Height fields, control-click them and change the measurement units to the desired ones.
4. Type in the desired size values and hit Enter, or click the OK button in the right-most side of the Tool Options bar.
5. Control-click inside the selected area again and choose Crop...

Hope this helps!
Pixelmator Team

Please sign in to post.