How do you apply an effect to all layers or specific layers?

bke1138

1 year ago

Hello,

This seems like an obvious workflow, but I can't find an answer to it after an exhaustive web search.

Seeing as Pixelmator doesn't have adjustment layers, how do you apply an effect to multiple layers (without merging the layers)? I tried selecting the layers and then applying the effect, but it just affected the top layer. I tried grouping the layers, but it won't let you apply the effect to a group. Any ideas?

thanks!
Ben
Motiejus

1 year ago

Hi Ben,

In Pixelmator you can apply the effects only for one layer at a time. That being said, you first have to select the layer you'd like to apply the effect onto in the Layers palette and then proceed with the adjustments. What could help speeding up the process, though, is that you could use the Command-Shift-F keyboard shortcut to apply the last used effect onto any following layer.
Pixelmator Team
Motiejus

1 year ago

In the upcoming update - most likely not. But I've added this suggestion to our feature request list. Nothing what I could promise for sure though.
Pixelmator Team
bke1138

1 year ago

Hi Motiejus,

A belated thanks for the reply. I just came across this issue again and Googled it and, sure enough, this thread popped up! Thanks for adding it as a feature request—it would be immensely helpful.

Where I'm running up against this issue is that I'd like to use curves to affect all the layers. It's hard doing it layer-by-layer because you don't see the effect that it's having on the image as a whole.

thanks,
Ben

Please sign in to post.