Quartz Compositions in Pixelmator 3.0 FX

Kentzo

8 months ago

I've installed the composition (Pattern Fill viewtopic.php?t=5438) to the ~/Library/Compositions and the Quartz Compozer tool sees it.
Unfortunately I don't see that composition on the Effects palette in Pixelmator.

Does Pixelmator 3 support quartz compositions at all?
Motiejus

8 months ago

Hi Kentzo,

Some of the Quartz Composer effects were disabled with Pixelmator 3.0 update due to their incompatibility with OS X Mavericks. Might be that the effect you've added is one of them.

Anyway, the Team is already doing their best to bring these effects back with the upcoming Pixelmator, and OS X Mavericks update.
Pixelmator Team
Denrael

7 months ago

I am trying to use the offset filter built in quartz offset filter for Pixelmator found here:http://blog.nobel-joergensen.com/2010/10/09/offset-plugin-for-pixelmator-using-quartz-composer/ and it no longer shows in Pixelmator. Would this be the reason why?
Motiejus

7 months ago

@Denrael,

The reason would be exactly the same as I've previously explained. However, the Team had already announced Pixelmator 3.1 update that will be coming out in early 2014. This version should contain a fix. Just a little bit more of patience.
Pixelmator Team
Aenima

4 months ago

@Motiejus - The offset composition dies on larger images. If i try to use on some smaller image - eg. 1024x1024px - works ok .
Motiejus

4 months ago

Hey Aenima,

Thanks for pointing this out. Could you also let us know your Mac's full specifications (Apple menu > About This Mac > More Info) and Pixelmator version (Pixelmator > About Pixelmator) that you're using?
Pixelmator Team
Aenima

4 months ago

Its a Hackintosh. 16Gig of RAM, 2xNvidia Titanium, i3-3225. Latest version of Pixelmator from the Appstore. I get the same result on other machines but various hardvares. I not use the filter months ago but last time worked well on large images like 8000x8000px or larger
Aenima

4 months ago

@Motiejus. I do some research. If the image size over 4094x4094 px (approx 16.8megapixel) the offset plugin not work.
Motiejus

4 months ago

Actually it could also have something to do with you using Hackintosh as well, since Pixelmator is designed to be properly compatible with Mac hardware. Using Hackintosh might cause even more odd graphical glitches or even app crashing to occur.
Pixelmator Team
Aenima

2 months ago

" Using Hackintosh might cause even more odd graphical glitches
or even app crashing to occur.""

Oh. What happens? Works in 3.2.

Please sign in to post.