Pixelmator iOS and DropBox

landrunner22002

9 months ago

Hello,

I'm back from Holidays with a rush of photography : Pixelmator was very useful to edit post-production HR pictures on my iPad.

Arriving at my home, I've started to export 133 edited photos from Pixelmator but I was disappointed because :

- I can select only ONE photo (picture below "Select AN image"...) per transfert to DropBox instead of several photos per sub-folder. This selection limitation is very long and heavy operation to select photo, choosing format file, upload location etc...

- So I've tried to get files in iTunes as like as VLC iOS with "VLC Documents" as shown below ... unfortunately, no more "Pixelmator Documents" is present :(

I hope you'll work on it for next Pixelmator version with improved post-production export.

Thank you !
Stef
Sebastiaan

9 months ago

I think you'll find your images on the iCloud drive if you have iCloud activated. You can open the iCloud Drive from the finder and there you'll find folders for each app that uses iCloudDrive.
landrunner22002

9 months ago

I don't want use iCloud due to very low internet speed (ADSL 512) in my
home that's why I use Dropbox instead of iCloud (because blocked by
intranet company's firewall...) in my office with its highest internet
speed.

So I highly recommend to evolve Pixelmator iOS with
multiple images selection and export them in "Pixelmator Documents" or
iOS Photos Album. With iTunes panel, I could transfert my
post-production "One Shot" into MacBookPro via USB.

Yesterday,
I've installed an "iCloud" clone with Raspberry Pi called "OwnCloud":
the multiple selection didn't work under Pixlemator iOS and work very
fine with iOS Photos Album...

So I hope and I dream to have a "Select Images" instead of "Select an image"...

Cheers
Stef
landrunner22002

9 months ago

Following Sebastiaan
I've tested yesterday to use with iCloud <-> Pixelmator iOS : multiple images selection isn't possible as like as with Dropbox and Owncloud. So... very boring.

Cheers,
Stef
Sebastiaan

9 months ago

Are you sure you can't select several images using iCloud Drive? Can you select multiple documents when having another folder open in the finder?
marcoborghesi

9 months ago

Hi there. Yes multiple choices it's impossible.
landrunner22002

9 months ago

I think you didn't read my message correctly: the missing multiple selection problem is on iOS Pixelmator with iPhone and iPad (Not Mac Pixelmator running on OS X Mac machine !)

Answering to Sebastiaan: please post you screen copy of your iPad (Not Finder of OSX Mac) like me in top post ( first picture of iPad screen copy with blue bar titled "Select an image" --> I can't select any other photos )

Cheers,
stef

PS: --> The video for example... https://www.dropbox.com/s/p74iktoqctlqf ... p.mov?dl=0
Sebastiaan

9 months ago

I'm sorry I thought since you tried using the mac version of ITunesto transfer your images that you also would be willing to try doing the same but then with iCloud Drive. What you save in Pixelmator for IOS on the icloud drive can be accessed on the iCloud Drive using yoru mac.

You can also use iCloud Drive on your iOS device. But it is poorly integrated with DropBox you can't send directly from the drive multiply files to dropbox and dropbox can access the files on the ilcoud drive but doesn't let you select multiple files nor does it accept the pixelmator file format. Dropbox however does let you access and upload multiple images at once from your device's camera album but that implies that you have to change your workflow a bit where you besides saving your work in the pixelmator format (done automatically) also export the final result to the camera album. To make things easier dropbox also has a setting that automatically makes a backup of your camera album.
landrunner22002

9 months ago

"You can also use iCloud Drive on your iOS device." --> I've try it and it's work but 100%images have been exported from my 4G subscription: damn it ! becaus enothing warned me that full export was in progress and Pixelmator didn't leave me to choose my photos !

I'vepreferred that pixelmator allow me to choose file format (here to PSD) before synchronize with iCloud... and minimum information like as graphical progress bar of iCloud export.

So I'll will paid Mac Pixelmator for make a workflow conversion to Photoshop with 740Mo of photos... :$ (Why Photoshop you'll asked me ?: I have calibrated printer and screen because I found nothing in specs/tutorial about "icm" compatibility with pixelmator)

Thanks for this exchange, and I hope developper will read it to improve iOS Pixelmator ! ^^
landrunner22002

8 months ago

Again last question about iCloud synchronization : How did you select preferred "imageXX.pxm" files to be transfered in iCloud to avoid a full upload (very very very long time on my poor 512 ADSL...)

Many thanks for help
Sebastiaan

8 months ago

There isn't that much difference between how iCloud Drive works and DropBox in terms of saving. So uploading or saving images to the iCloud drive which is done nevertheless by Pixelmator for iOS takes just as much bandwith and thus time as uploading images to DropBox.

Please sign in to post.