Getting "Unable to Open Image" error for most files

Mike Goril

1 year ago

Just updated to 2.1, and for some of my images (both within the Pixelmator folder and others in external folders in iCloud Drive), I get an error saying "Unable to Open Image". Is there anything I can do to resolve this? The images were originally created on Pixelmator on a Mac for reference.
Edita

1 year ago

Hi Mike,

This might be related to iCloud photo syncing. Try going into Settings > Photos & Camera and turning off the iCloud Photo Library Then, turn it on again. Let me know how it goes!
Pixelmator Team
Mike Goril

1 year ago

Before I go and do that, I have to ask why that would work? I'm not opening photos from my photo library, I'm opening .pxm files I created on Pixelmator for Mac that are either in the Pixelmator folder, or in another folder in iCloud Drive. Also, this is happening on both a brand new iPad, and and iPhone.
Mike Goril

1 year ago

Update to this issue: I'm wondering if the files I couldn't open are just old enough that Pixelmator for iOS has trouble with them. Just for kicks I went to my Mac, opened the files in Pixelmator, just hit save, then closed the file. Once the changes were synced through iCloud Drive the issue appears to be resolved.
raferguzman

9 months ago

I just downloaded Pixelmator for my iPad Mini. I cannot get TIF or PNG files to open. I've tried the photo-library fix suggested here, but it doesn't work. Are these files not supported by Pixelmator? Does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be? This has been a pretty discouraging first day of using this app.

Please sign in to post.