Maximum export resolution

davidabo

2 years ago

Hi, just downloaded the app and it looks fantastic. The native resolution of my images off my DSLR is 17.9MP, but for some reason whenever I save a new image in JPEG format to iCloud to use on my computer or elsewhere the resolution is limited to around 11.2MP wth a corresponding downsize in measurements. Is there a way of lifting this max resolution or is that the limit of the app to date?

I'd really love to be able to export my images at the full resolution after I've made the edits using this beautiful app.
Edita

2 years ago

davidabo, Pixelmator for iPad exports images with the standard resolution — 72 DPI.
johnmarshall4

2 years ago

I would like an answer to this as well. Having a REAL photo editor on iOS is a huge step forward to being able to use my iPad for my workflow instead of my Mac while on vacation etc. But why then put a limit on the size of the photos you export? I have a 20MP camera and like davidabo I was surprised to find my images downsized when I exported. I was also surprised that there was no setting or even a warning that this would happen.
Edita

2 years ago

Pixelmator for iPad/ iPhone has a size limitation— the largest image you can create is 4096 x 4096 px. If you open an image that is larger, it will be scaled to stay within the iPad's capabilities.
liquidsmoke

1 year ago

This is very unfortunate, I've been scratching my head for the past hour trying to figure out why my 6k image was being resized to 4k.

There has to be something done about this otherwise this severely limits the usefulness of the iOS apps. I need my files to stay in their original resolutions.

there are also ZERO warnings that the image will be resized, this is also very concerning. At a minimum you need to inform people when this happens.

If the iOS apps can't handle images that large, then why not use proxy versions that only display the 4k or lower file for performance but saves it in its original resolution. Its stuff like this that forces you to go back to adobe tools where these problems have been solved.
SKR Imaging

1 year ago

I too have noticed this.. my 70D images are 5K and when imported to Pixelmator iOS, they are reduced to 4K.. it's not a huge drop in res but still would love to be able to keep original resolution.. the stock photos app keeps it at original res... even Snapseed keeps the res intact.. please look into this.
My Blog: skrimaging.wordpress.com
Jefferyjic

1 year ago

I have T420i model 4177CTO, S/N r8mp0pp. I connected an external monitor which suggests that I should use resolution 1920x1080. When I go to Control Panel, the maximum resolution that I can choose is 1600x900. Is there any way for me to use a suggested 1920x1080 resolution with my machine?

Please sign in to post.