Flood Fill

Gary Chapman

2 years ago

Only just got Pixelmator for my iPad - has anyone spotted how to flood fill a defined area.
Cant spot it anywhere.
Edita

2 years ago

Gary, here's how you can fill a selected area with color:

1. Tap Tools > Select and with any selection tool, select the area you want to fill.
2. Once the area is selected, tap Done in the right corner. Then, tap your selection.
3. When the edit menu appears, tap Duplicate. This will create a new layer just with the area you've selected.
4. Tap Tools > Format and in the Style pane, tap Fill. Then,just pick color from the color well.
Pixelmator Team
Gary Chapman

2 years ago

Thanks for that, it works.
But it is a long way round for what is a very simple action in most other paint applications.
Any plans to add a 1 click flood fill in future updates.
i really hope so because, apart from filling areas, I am really enjoying this app.
Edita

2 years ago

I've added you request to our feature request list, we'll see if we can do something to simplify this.
Pixelmator Team
Allen

1 year ago

I searched high and low for an app that would edit images and not just photos. My major need was to be able to do flood fills. This is truly a basic, necessary, often used feature. I was surprised that it was so hard to find. I got Pixelmator with the hope that I could fill some areas. I was easily able to create my rectangles, but filling them was more difficult. I did find that the hard brush tool will color over the area and stay within bounds, without the need to create a new layer. Perhaps this hint will be useful.

Thanks as well for the idea here. But I heartily agree with Gary. Flood fill needs to be a basic feature, easily used without a layer. You have all the pieces to do it. Please consider this an "upvote" for flood fill on the feature request list.
Oldehand

10 months ago

Agreed with and support requests in the last 2 posts about flood fill.
Chris

Please sign in to post.